Saturday 22 November 2014

Summer Project: Feedback


 
Our first day back consisted of a group feedback session of the project we did over the summer. This was very useful to see the work of others, and their own styles of sketch-booking; and also very beneficial to me as I was told honestly about my strengths and weaknesses, and what concepts would be good to continue with the coming project ‘Intentions’. A couple of comments that my group made was that I had a very strong underlying theme of geometric shapes that would very easily link into weave as my chosen area. I was told that I also had good use of collage and fine line drawings, but may want to consider looking at some bigger scale drawings. This would be helpful for visual research to do drawings to size of weaves, so that I can get more of a feel about the way they will/ want them to look. My feedback group also said about me having a strong colour palette throughout my book, however I disagree and feel I need to refine this much more.
 
 
My favourite pieces of work is the simple repeat triangular collage s(as shown in first and second blog post). I love this due to the colours, which I may want to look at to try and refine my colour palette, but also because I think it would translate beautifully into weave. I would like to proceed on my starting drawings for ‘Intentions’ with a very abstract influence and by taking shapes from architectural photographs around Manchester.
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment