Saturday 22 November 2014

Initial Photographs


Today I went into Manchester City Centre and surrounding areas to gather some more inspirational images. I went out with a clear vision of the photographs I wanted to achieve, however this slowly changed as the day went on as I became more open minded about the buildings and architecture around me.

My initial idea was to concentrate on the shapes caused within the negative spaces around architecture in the urban environment. However, this notion soon changed when I realised how much I loved the repeat patterns particularly in windows. This was perfect as last night I discovered a photographer called Michael Wolf  that I took inspiration from (found in 'Juxtapoz' magazine. http://www.juxtapoz.com/current/michael-wolfs-the-architecture-of-density
Here Michael concentrates on repeat patterns in windows in Hong Kong by excluding the horizon. I really enjoy the colours within Michael’s photographs, something that unfortunately I have been unable to capture due to the simplicity and conformity of Manchester’s architecture.
This led me to think about the repeat structures of buildings and how beautifully the shapes and patterns could translate into weave.

 

 
This is my favourite image of the day due to the take on the repeat structure. I like how the repeat varies in sizes due to the perspective from where the photograph was taken. A variable of size may be something interesting to focus on in order to create something more stimulating to look at. I also really enjoy the typical 'architecture colours' that this building upholds. I may want to consider a more refined colour palette that relates vividly to that of modern architecture, including the cyan in the image above. 
 



 



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment