Sunday 23 November 2014

Design Development and Refined Colour Palette

 
  

 
 
After starting to have a play around and experiment with different designs on my loom (done with the software 'Scotweave'), I realised how limited my colour palette was. This has made me reconsider and introduce a cyan shade,  that was taken from one of my previous photographs. I feel it clashes but also strangely compliments the sulphur yellow, and gives it a very retro feel. Another yarn I have introduced is a thin, sparkly silver, which adds a little bit of depth and shimmer.
 


In terms of design development, these pieces were very important to me in determining what was going onto my loom and having a ground to base my 'Scotweave' designs from. They really helped me to visualise what a selection my samples were going to look like. Also experimenting with my ground warp colour on Photoshop was a significant task in ensuring that all of my colours formed a natural balance and looked well together. After attending the 'Scotweave' help sessions with Michelle, a technique that I really liked the look of was satin and sateens. This would give my samples the light and shade that they really need to 'pop'!



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment