Tuesday 19 May 2015

Unit X: Final Collection

 
 My final collection came together reasonably easily. I enjoyed working in Photoshop in order to put the fabrics onto the garments, and feel like I've done justice for our theme. I'm happy with the final look of the model, and believe the garments are very self explanatory in the fabrics selected and the details upon them. I selected details from my research processes to enforce within them, for example, the patches on the jeans and shorts are representational of how the garments become worn in certain geographical conditions. The fabrics such as fur and leather represent the natural element of the rainforest and tribes we examined. Pockets for utility, camouflage elements within the knits for survival and flight suits for convenience and relatable to the original context and narrative. I personally worked on making my woven textiles a durable fabric for the conditions our muse faces.
 
This was my first ever fashion project, and I'm proud of the work I have achieved. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment