Tuesday 19 May 2015

Unit X: Fabric Board

 
Our fabric board is a beautiful mixture of complimenting colours and textures, brought together by the fashion and textile students in my group (including myself). Whilst Anna focused on the print in her fabrics, Lucie also worked in some knits on the dubied machine that were essential to our designs (ribbing on bomber jackets and jumpers). I continued to look into denim woven fabrics, and create durable materials that also had a slight edge to them (such as my inlayed samples and the tassels).
 
The materials such as leather and fur originated from the natural materials that occur in the rainforest and tribes, and the colours certainly complimented and enhanced our collection.
 
If we'd have had more time, one aspect that Tom Norcombe mentioned in our presentation was that we could have crossed over our ideas more. I wouldn't necessarily say that we didn't work well as a group, but our ideas were very far apart from each other. This is an aspect of the industry that is incredibly important, so working on my communication skills is essential for me.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment