Sunday 17 May 2015

Unit X: Contextualise: Boro and Jen Kao


As a contextual reference to my own denim samples, I looked at two inspirational fashion designers/ companies. Jen Kao is an American fashion designer. Her Fall 13/14 collection felt clean and structured even though it consisted of worn patches. I felt that the denim wear as a durable fabric was relevant to the sample that I will be doing myself on the loom.



Fall 2013/2014

 
Boro focuses on traditional Japanese craft, generally how you repair and patch clothing. I felt that this would be a great reference due to the survival theme running through this project, and how clothes become torn, ripped and weathered after being worn in weathered conditions. These are some techniques we may want to explore as a group together.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment