Thursday 19 February 2015

Self Initiated Brief: Hand Drawn Floral Design

 
I started my initial visual research by free hand drawing some favourite flowers I'd searched on Pinterest. This was a great way for me to get back into illustrative drawing after taking some time away from it. I experimented with a variation of flowers in different compositions, but stuck to the same style of drawing throughout. I feel that these would make great repeats, or very simple designs to layer over the top of backgrounds.
 

 


 
 
To develop these, in tutorial, Alex suggested that I try to get some colour into these somehow. Still not knowing my full colour palette, I proceeded to use water colour to give a taster of what the flowers look like with a colour behind them.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment