Sunday 22 February 2015

Primary Photographs


 
As discussed in previous tutorials, I took a trip to the florists to take some photographs that I could draw from and use as backgrounds. This was a vital part of my practice and I didn't realise at the time how important these photographs would be. Whilst at the florists, I mainly searched for different textures, and also focused on individual flowers that I thought I could select and add onto some pre- made backgrounds in Photoshop. I initially had a lot of trouble with the Nikon SLR that I had borrowed from uni (due to losing my charger for my own Canon SLR), so I wasn't as clued up on how to use it. I managed to get a good selection of photographs together that I felt were suitable enough for what I wanted to use them for. (Contact sheet of images is with development drawings).
 
 



 
My second shoot was much better in terms of lighting and camera equipment. I felt that white roses would be an easy colour to manipulate in Photoshop, and photographing them against the black would make for an easier selection. I am more happy with these photographs as an actual image, but as part of development, I now plan to start selecting and collaging some of the roses.  
 



 
 
My final shoot was my most successful. After experimenting with selecting single flowers, I decided that concentrating on the textures of the photograph as a whole is more catered to the way I want my designs to look. I feel that once I have experimented in changing colours and making them into much more graphic images in Photoshop, these will either work perfectly as backgrounds, or as designs on their own.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment