Thursday 19 February 2015

Florals/ Print Inspiration


Stella McCartney SS 2012


 
 
Stella McCartney's Spring/ Summer 2012 collection is one of my favourites. I enjoy the scale in which these prints work, and the specific placements of the floral design. The contrast in different types flowers and their colour work so perfectly together, with subtle hints of background design (not above, bottom left). The photographic elements is something that I would really like to produce in my own prints. 
 
  
 
Abigail Borg


 
 
Abigail Borg is one of my favourite textile designers due to how raw her work is. Drawing has been a vast contributing factor to me wanting to try print, and I feel that Abigail's work reflects the way in which I'd like to work. Interiors has always been my main focus when working on designs, (whether this be in print or weave, or even both combined). Abigail's prints are large in scale and the colours are very overstated. Her designs make a bold statement within interior design.
 
 
 
Camilla France



 
I came across Camilla Frances whilst searching floral designs on Pinterest. Again, photography is playing a vast part in her work, but I've mainly found myself looking towards these designs for colour inspiration. Acidic colours have always captured my attention when researching, and I feel that colours similar to these could be interesting to take into interiors for wallpaper and upholstery.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment