Sunday 22 February 2015

Final Tutorial: New Techniques

 

Today I met with Alex for a one on one final tutorial. Here we spoke about what's expected from me as a final outcome, and helped me along with some troubles I've been having in developing my designs within Photoshop. This tutorial was really helpful in terms of helping me sort out my priorities, and how my work was to be presented from a print perspective.
 
Alex was really helpful and taught me some new techniques for developing my designs, and better alternatives for a selection of processes I'd been using already. I wanted to keep the photographic elements in my work whilst also incorporating and layering my own drawings. I'd previously been using the gradient tool to create backgrounds to work on top of, but couldn't find a way to move it on from looking like a photograph still.



 
 
Here I have imported a primary photograph and changed the mode into 'Indexed Colour'. This mode enables you to limit the amount of colours shown and allows for a very graphic image. Here, I could now control the colours taken from my palette with the fill tool. I feel that this technique makes such beautiful backgrounds to work on top on, but I also love the simplicity.




 
 
 
In terms of final outcomes, we spoke about not having a final collection, but using this project to just experiment with design ideas. This made me feel much better about my time limit as I was struggling to see how this was going to turn into a final collection. In separating my live brief and self initiated brief, I am going to d the same designs in two different colour ways, using the initial colour palette from my Wallace and Sewell live brief.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment