Sunday 22 February 2015

Print Developments

 
I first started to experiment just using the drawings I had done from the live flowers I had taken in the florists. I started to visualise these as simple repeat prints in very simple colours taken from my chosen colour palette. These were interesting in their appearance, due to the colourisation, they almost seemed like optical illusions. I realised that these had to be much more subtle for them to work well, and I needed to start thinking about possible backgrounds instead of just plain block colour.
 

 
 
In another experimentation, I used the gradient tool to shade areas of photographs I had taken. This was then developed by selecting areas of interest in the design. I wanted to start finding a way to make backgrounds for my drawings (even if these colours are slightly too bright), so looked into some of the textural photographs I had taken. I took this further by making repeats of the backgrounds, which I wasn't that impressed with. Starting to layer flowers into the image helped me to visualise some final print ideas.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment