Friday 23 January 2015

Live Brief: Tigerprint

After a couple of weeks of struggling to produce sketchbook work and ideas for the live Wallace and Sewell brief, I finally spoke to Lesley about my options. We spoke about how much I miss drawing and being illustrative within my work; an aspect of design that weave limits. We finally came to the conclusion that maybe I should be working within Print (which I've not actually tried yet), to allow me to be more free with my work. This will be a challenge as I am now so behind in terms of time management.

To start this journey, I have decided to do the Tigerprint live brief that focuses on floral prints for gift wrap, gift bags and tags. I feel that eventhough we are a considerable amount of time through this project already, I am so much more enthusiastic and motivated to work towards this. I'm hoping that my current Photoshop skills will carry me through this project to create floral digital prints. In terms of weave, I would still like to cross over the subjects and do some work on the Jacquard loom will is a much more illustrative way of weaving.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment