Wednesday 7 January 2015

Life Brief: Initial Ideas and Concept



I am basing my live Wallace and Sewell brief on a [screen-print]collage by Atelier Bingo, previously noted. Looking into the definition of Collage enabled me to put my concept into perspective.
 
1. An artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface, often with unifying lines and colour.
2. The art of creating such compositions.
3. An assemblage of diverse elements: a collage of conflicting memories 
 

I noticed on the W&S website that they produce patchwork cushions, and I would like to expand these interior products by making patchwork throws. The idea of a patchwork throw will also physically demonstrate my concept of 'Collage', by putting together an assemblage of patterned and plain proportioned samples. I would like to take inspiration by the placement and mis-placement of everyday landscapes. These could be a small series of Limited Edition throws for the company, with a change of colours per pattern.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment