Thursday 22 January 2015

Live Brief: Collage Development

 
 
I started off my design journey by creating some hand rendered collages from found papers in my colour palette. These worked really well as I was able to physically alter the proportions, shapes and sizing of the pieces. I enjoy these as abstract designs, but I need to considerably develop this idea to be able to transfer them into weave. I feel that I have made the right choice in my colour palette, as this gives me so much to work with. I am happy in the way that my ideas and concept has initially started to develop.
 
 
 
 
I have taken inspiration from Matisse and Emily Tilzey's techniques and style (noted in my inspiration book) for these pieces of work. I expect that these artists will play a continuing part of my journey.
 
 
 
Matisse
 
 
Emily Tilzey
 
 
 
 Photoshop Collaging from Photographs 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment