Friday 2 January 2015

Live Brief: Colour Palette/ Chosen Painting

 

After spending some time looking through all my references (refer to Inspiration Journal), I finally decided that Atelier Bingo was the right artist for me to focus my Wallace and Sewell brief on. I feel that as a collage artist, he reflects my style at the way that I work individually.
 


 
 
After spending some time painting up a few of my favourite pieces' colour palettes in Photoshop, my decision is to going with the collage below. I feel that the colours demonstrate retro vibes, which is an aspect that I'm particularly interested in within textiles. In terms of reflecting on the brief given by Wallace and Sewell, the amount of colours would cater to their needs and style. I now plan to start considering my warp and the type of yarns I'd like to use.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment